Most people who come to see me have pain of some sort. Perhaps a simple sprained ankle that is limiting their walking. Or long-term persistent pain that impacts every part of their life. Or anything in between.
Pain is a complex problem and I approach it from a Feldenkrais point of view,...
- listening to your story of your experience
- finding out what is important to you and how you want to improve your life
- observing you moving, sitting, standing, lying, etc
- feeling your body and your movement
- getting a sense of your movement habits and biases and where change may be possible
- finding gentle, non-threatening ways of connecting to your system so you feel safe
- acknowledging and including your emotions, thoughts, beliefs, fears and inner resources
- exploring ways to improve your functional activities such as driving, walking, playing, performing, sleeping, working, etc
- focusing on how to find more confidence, comfort, ease, flow and even pleasure
- suggesting practice activities to do at home to consolidate each session
My background in Physiotherapy has given me a solid grounding in anatomy, physiology and understanding injuries.
The Feldenkrais Method has expanded my ability to work with the person's whole system and to help each person sense and understand themselves more fully.
Somatic Experiencing has given me specific tools to work with trauma, and an even deeper understanding of the nervous system. Most pain is associated with trauma, either as a cause of the pain, or a consequence of the pain, or as a complicating factor.
Individual sessions - 14 Holyrood St, Hampton, Vic
Workshops - exploring themes such as walking, posture, getting down to floor and up again, sitting, etc. Contact me to ask about our upcoming events
Lisa has been a Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner since 2001, working with clients of all ages and abilities to improve their movement, function and enjoyment of life. She has a particular interest in helping people recover from pain, injury and trauma, and she draws on her experience as a Physiotherapist and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner to support this work. She sees people individually in Bayside Melbourne and teaches group classes online, as well as several workshops during the year. She is an Assistant Trainer in the Feldenkrais Method and is on the staff of the Feldenkrais Professional Training Programs in Melbourne.
Phone - 0409 598 000
Call or email me to discuss how I might be able to help you, or to make an appointment