AFG COVID 19 INFORMATION
Our members are focused on the general wellbeing and ongoing education of the community. The COVID-19 pandemic places an added level of complexity and concern when conducting Feldenkrais lessons. The current situation is significantly affecting services and businesses everywhere. Our priority will always be with the safety of the public and our members.
For up to date information about the Coronavirus, visit the Department of Health website.
Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. People with coronavirus may experience:
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best defence against most viruses. You should:
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
- cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- if unwell, avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 metres from people)
- exercise personal responsibility for social distancing measures
It is reasonable to screen any clients or staff on the basis of known coronavirus infection criteria including physical symptoms and travel overseas.
Please see the Department of Health Fact Sheet for information with dealing suspected coronavirus cases.
As per advice on the Department of Health website on 20 March 2020, if you have come in close contact with a confirmed case, you will need to isolate for 14 days. Let your employer know if you need to self-isolate. Depending on the type of work you do and if you are well, your employer may discuss other arrangements such as work from home. For further information, please refer to the Department of Health factsheet.
You can still go to work if you have:
- had casual contact with COVID-19 cases and are well
- directly cared for confirmed cases while using PPE properly
Monitor yourself for symptoms and self-isolate if you become unwell.
Please check the Department’s website for any relevant updates on this.