- Be verbally guided through a series of movements
- Pay close attention to what you are doing
- Lie on the floor (but not always)
- Be asked to find the easiest way of doing things
- Be asked to feel for differences between one way of moving and another
- Experience your movement, and yourself, in new ways
- Get new ideas about how to respond to life's challenges
- Something new each time you come
- Experience improvements in how you do things in your life; from sitting and walking right through to your golf swing and ability to remain focused during long meetings.
- Become skilled in getting better results using less physical and mental efffort
- Find more ways of feeling comfortable
There are a range of products and courses designed and delivered by Feldenkrais practitioners that are directed towards common problems or performance needs.
- Classes for seniors or those with limited movement are often taught in sitting or standing.
- Classes may be 30-60 minutes long.
- Classes may range from $15-$30 with fee variations. Cost variations may include bulk discounts or a personalised class.
- Aerobic fitness is not a pre-requisite.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing, a mat or blanket may be required.
Personal consultations with a Feldenkrais practitioner are usually for the purpose of receiving a Functional Integration® (FI) session, where the Feldenkrais Method is applied primarily through touch rather than verbal direction.
- Be moved and touched by the practitioner
- Talk with the practitioner about your history and interests
- Remain fully clothed, so wear suitable clothing that gives you freedom to move
- Be touched in a respectful, non-intrusive manner
Practitioners come from different backgrounds and some have expertise relevant to working with specific problems or interest groups.
- Functional Integration® sessions are usually one hour.
- The fee may vary from one practitioner to another.
- Numerous health insurance providers will reimburse you for Feldenkrais.
- The number of sessions needed depends on your goal, physical condition, learning ability etc.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
View articles under Resources section
Telephone FREECALL 1800 001 550 for a Practitioner in your State.