From Pain to Possibility to Potency workshop
Experiential workshop focusing on how to find and increase ease of movement and function regardless of pain or limitations
What is this workshop about?
- Continuing the From Pain to Possibilities forum, this workshop deepens into Awareness Through Movement practices, self-image, body image and the impact of your state on your pain and your potency.
- Learn more about the Feldenkrais Method® and its concepts. Feldenkrais is increasingly identified as the “embodiment” of neuroscience and research is validating the Feldenkrais Method® as a tool of change.
- Learn how to create instant change in your brain and therefore, body, movement and action, particularly by the self-application of small, precise movements.
- Learn the link between emotional states, such as anger and frustration, to movement limitations. For example, frustration, anger connects to holding patterns in the neck and jaw.
- Learn practices to continue the process at home leading to sustainable change.
- Stand-alone workshop (attendance to first forum/workshop is not essential).
Who should attend?
Anyone with musculoskeletal or body pain such as back pain, neck pain, joint pain, headaches… and all those curious to learn more about their body-mind connection.
Maximum 25 people
Holly Huon, certified Feldenkrais Practitioner, N.L.P. Practitioner and Physiotherapist, with a long standing passionate interest and study in the relationship between science, “human potential” and the capacity of all of us to outgrow limiting conditions (physical, mental, emotional).
Date: Sunday 19th August
Time: 1:30 - 4:00pm (2.5 hrs)
Location: Studio 202 - Level 1 -16/20 William St Balaclava
· Early bird bookings $60 (8/8/12)
· Early bird concession bookings $55 (8/8/12)
Please email Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org - 0423 668 351
Additional information :
· Please arrive early in order to find parking and to be relaxed when you arrive.
· We aim to start punctually at 2 pm.
· There is no lift in the building (2 flights of stairs).
· Please, bring a cushion or blanket and wear comfortable, loose clothing.
Class LocationStudio 202, L1 16-20 William Street
Class held by
Classes held by this practitioner
|Date||Class name||Suburb||Caters for|
|Tue, 07/09/2010 - 11:30||Awareness Through Movement classes||Balaclava||General|
|Tue, 24/07/2012 - 11:30||National Pain Week special event ATM class and discussion||Balaclava||General|
|Tue, 07/08/2012 - 11:30||The art and craft of transitioning||Balaclava||General|
|Sun, 19/08/2012 - 14:00||From possibilities to pleasure workshop (Cont. From Pain to Possibilities)||Balaclava||Workshop|
|Thu, 20/09/2012 - 19:00||The Dharma Gathering Retreat (Feldenkrais workshop) – Associated event||Healesville||Workshop|
|Sun, 22/07/2012 - 14:00||From Pain to Possibilities workshop||Balaclava||Workshop|
|Tue, 20/11/2012 - 11:30||Walking with ease||Balaclava||General|