About AFG Inc
The Australian Feldenkrais Guild Inc (AFG) is a non-profit member based organisation established to promote and advance the Feldenkrais Method® and to represent generally the view of the Feldenkrais profession in liaison with Feldenkrais Guilds throughout the world.
The AFG is concerned with:
- increasing public awareness of the Feldenkrais Method®,
- supporting the growth and development of the membership,
- offering continuing education for its members,
- protection of the integrity and quality of the Feldenkrais work through Code Of Professional Conduct and Standards of Practise,
- and promoting research into the effectiveness of the Method.
- Other professional services for the membership include access to appropriate insurance, policy and lobbying activity at all levels of the community, networking with affiliated agencies, and membership networking opportunities through the production of directories, journals, and newsletters.
The AFG was established in September 1987 as a professional body representing the needs and interests of its Members. All Practitioners who have successfully completed an accredited Feldenkrais Professional Training Programme are entitled to apply for membership. Trainees currently undertaking a training are also eligible to apply for registration either as a 'Student' (within the first two years of the training) or as 'Student Associate' (after two years of training when the trainee is authorised to teach Awareness Through Movement®).
The AFG auspices Certification of practitioners. A practitioner may apply after graduation from an accredited Feldenkrais Training Programme. Mandatory continuing education requirements apply. Certification permits the use of registered certification marks CFP and Feldenkrais Method®. Certification is independent of AFG membership.
Patron of the Australian Feldenkrais Guild Inc is Ms Robyn Nevin, AM.
Looking for a practitioner or group class - visit the home page or telephone FREE CALL 1800 001 550.